Help Create Homeowners. Help Create Change.
Join Sur La Table in partnership with Habitat For Humanity.
By donating to the home is the key™ campaign, you'll help provide strength and stability through shelter for individuals and families across America.
Watch Our Progress$250,000 is a lofty goal, but we can get there with your help. Every donation counts.
Why Habitat Needs Support
Even in this country, decent and affordable housing
is unreachable for too many.
- One in 4 households in the U.S. pays more than 30 percent of its income for housing and may have difficulty affording necessities such as food or clothing.
- Studies have shown a strong connection between housing quality and overall helath, especially children's health.
- Children of homeowners are more likely to succeed in school and make fewer visits to the emergency room for routine health problems.
Habitat has a proven record of impact.
- They have helped 9.8 million people build strength and stability since 1967.
- They mobilize 2 million volunteers each year.
- They have rallied more than 100,000 advocates for affordable housing.
- There is a less than 2 percent foreclosure rate on Habitat houses in the U.S. on an annualized basis.