Sweet Treats for Kids
Mastering the fundamentals of baking helps develop creativity and provides kids with a foundation for a lifetime of fun in the kitchen. In this camp designed specifically for kids ages 8 - 12, our experienced chef instructors will walk your young bakers through five days of hands-on baking adventures.
First, kids will learn kitchen fundamentals like how to follow recipes, measuring, mixing, monitoring cooking temperatures, and timing—and perhaps most importantly—kitchen safety. Then, we’ll teach them all about the wonderful world of baking, including the techniques professionals use to ensure jaw-dropping-delicious scones, crepes, pies, cupcakes and more. Classes last around two hours a day for five consecutive days. At the end of camp, kids will take home a Sur La Table apron and copies of all the recipes they made.
*Please Note: Classes are only available as a five-day series. No single day enrollments.
*Class Bonus: Each student in our Sweet Treats for Kids baking series will go home with a free Zoku Ice Pop Mold (an $8 value). Shapes available will vary by location and session.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class