Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Basics - Three Part Series
As Bourdain sees it, the ancient art of cooking has lost its proper place as a foundation skill, and the effects are ubiquitous and frightening. So he's decided to make a difference. For those food-lovers who never had a chance to acquire the basic kitchen skills required to fend for themselves, Tony has designed this series of classes. We'll cover classic culinary skills and techniques, plus take you beyond recipes to teach you the essentials that will carry you through a lifetime in the kitchen.
This mini culinary-school education consist of three hands-on classes designed for beginning chefs where you'll learn how to make great dishes from scratch, using fresh, seasonal ingredients, and how to get the most value out of your time and your food dollar.
*Class is only available as the three part series. Classes are taught by Sur La Table Chefs, Anthony Bourdain will not be in attendance.
- Basic techniques and skills that will make you successful in the kitchen
- Choosing seasonal ingredients and figuring out what's fresh
- Bringing out the best flavors and textures of your fresh ingredients
- Learning how to use a chef's knife with skill and confidence
- Properly cooking the basic ingredients of many great meal
- Practice how to properly cook pantry staples like eggs and pasta
- Focus on building blocks
- Learn a great dish is only as good as its foundation—a richly flavored homemade stock
- Easy, healthy and inexpensive ways to make your own at home from fresh, wholesome ingredients
- Using stocks to create amazingly flavorful soups or as the foundation of richly flavored sauces
- How to perfectly poach shellfish and cook all kinds of vegetables like a seasoned gourmet
- Bringing all your newfound cooking knowledge and techniques together to help you make an assortment of classic dishes
- Teach you how to cook meat, poultry and fish with confidence and skill
- How to pull it all together and put exquisite meals on the table for family and friends for every meal
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class
Please note: Classes taught by Sur La Table chefs. Anthony Bourdain will not be in attendance.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.