Pairing Beer and Food with McKenzie Brew House
McKenzie Brew House Head Brewer Ryan Michaels and Assistant Brewer Gerard Olson are inspired by the world’s vast beer styles and brewing traditions. At the restaurant and brewery, located in Chadds Ford, Pa. and Malvern, Pa., the duo is committed to using the best ingredients and combining modern innovation and personal creativity to produce truly unique and most importantly, delicious beers. McKenzie Brew House’s Saison Vautour Farmhouse Ale has earned the gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival three out of the past four years. And when The Philadelphia Inquirer held the first “Local Brew-vitational” this past June, the brewery’s Biere de Garde won first place.
In this class, we’ll cook a delicious winter menu with several of McKenzie’s signature brews. A complimentary tasting of each beer will also be offered.
The featured beers are:
- Saison Vautour - Spicy, dry Belgian-style golden farmhouse ale
- Biere de Garde - Malty French-style amber farmhouse ale
- Abbey 8 - Belgian-style Abbey Dubbel with notes of caramel and dark fruits
- Oatmeal Stout - Dark and silky smooth with big notes of chocolate, coffee and smoke
- American Pale Ale - Hoppy and clean with loads of citrus and spicy flavors