Fearless Baker Workshop
Based on the definitive and approachable guidebook for bakers, The Fearless Baker, this workshop is designed to help you whip up a variety of amazing baked treats to delight family and friends. This seminal baking book was written by renowned Bay Area pastry chef Emily Luchetti. A James Beard award-winner, Chef Luchetti has over two decades of experience creating what many consider to be among the finest desserts in the world. Luchetti walks bakers through 175 sophisticated but simple-to-follow recipes and troubleshoots common baking problems with colorful illustrations and photographs of real bakers at work. Her friendly tone makes using it almost like having a professional pastry chef at your side, so home cooks can progress to more elaborate recipes and cooking techniques at their own pace.
In this hands-on workshop, our chef instructors will help students master the basics of measuring, mixing, assembling and baking a variety of baked favorites, including velvety crème brulee, a succulent lemon pound cake, and a decadent chocolate hazelnut torte. You’ll learn how to approach and execute any baking recipe with skill and confidence as you discover how to properly work with basic baking ingredients and tools.
Join us for this special class based on this legendary cookbook to build your confidence and become a truly fearless baker at home.
Class bonus: Each student receives a free autographed copy of The Fearless Baker by Emily Luchetti.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
- Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
- Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
- Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 participants
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class