Shun Classic Asian Chef’s Knife, 7"
A versatile, maneuverable kitchen workhorse, this chef’s knife is an outstanding example of form fulfilling function. The 7" blade is just a bit shorter than a traditional 8" chef’s knife, but provides all of the functions you need in a user-friendly package. Both sides of the exquisitely forged VG-10 “super steel” blade are clad with 16 layers of high-carbon stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus-steel surface that reduces sticking and results in less damage to the food being cut.
Free sharpening on all Shun cutlery for as long as you own it. Click for details
METICULOUSLY CRAFTED Each Shun Classic knife is constructed using the kasumi method, a traditional Japanese process used to create samurai swords. The 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel are pounded to 3/1000ths of an inch, then clad on each side of the VG10 core. This 32-layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, incredible cutting performance, and an elegant Damascus pattern unique to each knife.
RAZOR-SHARP BLADE With a cutting edge ground to a 16° angle on each side, this is one of the sharpest knives you’ll ever find. Plus, the exotic Japanese steels used in the cutting core ensure that blade holds its ultra-sharp edge without the need for excessive re-sharpening.
USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN Comfortable D-shaped handle and perfectly balanced blade offer precise control and reduce fatigue during long, repetitive cutting tasks. Handle is made of moisture-resistant PakkaWood—a fused blend of hardwood veneers and phenolic resin.
TACKLES EVERYDAY KITCHEN TASKS WITH EASE This powerful kitchen multi-tasker is perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping small to medium-sized fruits, vegetables, and more. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan.
- Originating in Seki City, Japan’s historical center for manufacturing samurai swords, Shun knives are heirs to a seven-century tradition of superior workmanship
- Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles
- The 32-layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, and incredible cutting performance
- Cutting edge is ground to a 16° angle on each side, ensuring razor sharpness
- Perfectly balanced blade offers precise control
- NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens >
- Manufacturer: KAI USA Ltd.
- Care: Dishwasher safe, but hand wash recommended
- Dimensions: 7" blade
- Material: Forged 32-layer steel blade, PakkaWood handle
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan