Shun Classic Flexible Fillet Knife, 7"
Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features a beautiful Damascus-clad blade and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle. Behind the knife’s beauty is function: a razor-sharp blade offering precision performance.
Shun’s VG10 steel core—known for its incredible edge retention—is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then bead-blasted, revealing the woodgrain pattern of the steel that allows the blade to slide easily through food. The result is a knife that’s sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
Dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. Limited lifetime warranty. Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan.
Free Sharpening on all Shun Cutlery for as long as you own it. Click for details
Each Shun Classic knife is constructed using the kasumi method, a traditional Japanese process used to create samurai swords. Sixteen layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel are pounded to 3/1000ths of an inch, then clad on each side of the VG10 core. This 32–layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, incredible cutting performance, and an elegant Damascus pattern unique to each knife.
With a cutting edge ground to a 16° angle on each side, this is one of the sharpest knives you’ll ever find. Plus, the exotic Japanese steels used in the cutting core ensure the blade holds its ultra-sharp edge without the need for excessive re-sharpening.
Comfortable D-shaped handle and perfectly balanced blade offer precise control and reduce fatigue during long, repetitive cutting tasks. Handle is made of moisture-resistant PakkaWood®—a fused blend of hardwood veneers and phenolic resin.
- Care: Hand wash
- Dimensions: 7" blade
- Material: Forged 65-layer steel blade, composite handle
- Flexible fillet knife is perfect for removing bones from meats
- Long, curved blade lets you to separate meat from the bone in one precise cut
- Remarkable flexibility ensures the best results
- Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features a beautiful Damascus-clad blade and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- Behind the knife’s beauty is function: a razor-sharp blade offering precision performance
- VG10 steel core—known for its incredible edge retention
- Clad with Damascus stainless steel, then bead-blasted, revealing the woodgrain pattern of the steel that allows the blade to slide easily through food
- Sharp, durable and corrosion resistant
- NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
The Shun Housewares Division was started in December 2002. At that time, there were no established sales and only 13 items in the Shun Line. Today, the housewares team has built the division to its high position of prominence in the gourmet cutlery category.
KAI is also the owner of the famous US-made Kershaw pocket knives.
- Spend $500 on Shun cutlery and receive a $50 Sur La Table gift card by mail.