Taylor Digital Thermocouple Thermometer
The ultra-thin 1½-mm tip leaves a much smaller hole in your food, so fewer flavorful juices will escape as you check the temperature. Also features a recalibration function and a hold function, which stores the temperature of your food. The 4" stainless steel probe folds into thermometer casing for storage.
Housing is made of durable, anti-microbial plastic to inhibit the growth of odor- and stain-causing bacteria. The display is large and easy to read, with a blue backlight to help in dim conditions, and has an auto-off feature. Requires two AAA batteries (included). Hand wash only. 1½" x 5½" x 12¼".
- Care: Hand wash only
- Dimensions: ½" x 5½" x 12¼"
- Material: ABS plastic and stainless steel
- Warranty: One year, limited
- Digital thermometer with folding probe for fast, accurate temperature reading
- Integrated thermocouple technology for accurate and stable temperature readings in as fast as four seconds
- Hold function allows for a continued temperature readout
- Temperature range of -40°F to 562°F
- Made in China
We have used it for baking, steaks, turkeys, smoking on the BBQ, checking the Brine temperature, and more. It has a great range and is fast enough to work in nearly all environments.
Our major gripe is the cleanliness of it. It is very difficult to clean without breaking it. If you have any oil/food on your hands, you will need to clean the outside. But, even if you just wipe it down with a sponge, it will get the internal display wet. We have had it give us ""E1"" errors a few times as a result but would fix itself after a few days. It now no longer works after having it for 7 months. This doesn't live up to our expectation of an NSF product which I expect to be able to clean safely.
If you are careful with the cleaning, this is a very fast and accurate probe for all types of cooking
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS