Emile Henry Flame Burgundy Casserole
- Thanks to a special glaze and clay mixture, Flame cookware is safe for use with direct heat and is compatible with all cooktops (induction cooking requires a diffuser plate)
- Burgundy clay provides gentle, even heat to coax out the natural flavors of food
- Emile Henry Flame is safe for stovetop, broiler and microwave use and is oven safe to 500°F
- Highly resistant to thermal shock, Emile Henry cookware moves directly from freezer to oven
- Attractive, scratch-resistant glazes are lead and cadmium free, and provide an ultra-smooth, virtually nonstick cooking surface
- A high firing temperature results in incredibly durable cookware that resists chipping
- Manufacturer: Emile Henry
- Material: Burgundy clay
- Dimensions: 10" (12.5" with handles) x 4.5" (6.5" with lid)
- Capacity: 4.2 qt.
- Warranty: 10-year warranty
- Made in France
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe to 500°F
New Turn any grill or oven into an Italian-style pizzeria with this high-performance pizza stone. Made from Burgundy clay, each stone is capable of being heated ...See product page for full details »
New Named for the aromatic Moroccan stew that it’s designed to cook, this versatile and handsome tagine features a tall, conical lid that locks in...See product page for full details »
New Grilling deliciously moist chicken with crispy skin is easier than ever with this vertical poultry roaster. Central stand ensures that heat circulates...See product page for full details »
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
Outside Diameter (at top) = 22.0 cm
Inside Diameter (at top) = 21.2 cm
Handles = 27.4 cm
Height with Lid = 15.0 cm
Height without Lid = 10.8 cm
Lid Outside Diameter = 23.0 cm
4.2qt 10-inch diameter, 6.5-inches deep
5.5qt 11-inch diameter, 7-inches deep
7qt 12-inch diameter, 8-inches deep
It's definitely safe for the cookware. Follow the guidelines about allowing the food and dish to cool or warm first; avoid moving anything directly from the oven/stovetop to the refrigerator/freezer, or vice versa.
If you're asking whether it's safe for the food, it should be, provided you follow the usual protocols about how quickly to refrigerate hot foods, how quickly to heat cold foods if intending to serve hot, and use clean utensils for serving, to avoid introducing any extra bacteria. (You can find helpful information on the USDA site as well as through local extension/coop services or universities.) If you're nervous about cooked food losing moisture, you could add plastic wrap and then the lid for a little extra protection.
Hope you enjoy your purchase!
The 2.6qt weighs 3.5lbs.
The 4.2qt weighs 7.6lbs.
The 5.5qt weighs 8.13lbs.
The 7qt weighs 9.7lbs.