Bob Kramer 5" Stainless Damascus Utility Knife by Zwilling J.A. Henckels®
For this exclusive collection, Sur La Table worked with the master himself—along with renowned German knife maker Zwilling J.A. Henckels—to create an exquisite line of artisan knives designed by Bob and crafted to his exacting specifications.
The utility knife is between a chef’s knife and paring knife in size, making it immensely versatile. Perfect for making small, precise cuts, it easily handles everything from slicing and dicing to peeling and mincing. Hand wash. 5" blade. Limited lifetime warranty. Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan, exclusively for Sur La Table®.
AN OBSESSIVE DEDICATION TO EXCELLENCE
Bob Kramer has spent nearly two decades reducing the craft of knife making to its essence, creating his original artisan knives on his own from start to finish. In his studio, he forges the best raw materials with a relentless pursuit of perfection into some of the most beautiful and sought-after cutlery in the culinary world. Professional chefs often wait years to get their hands on one of Bob’s legendary handcrafted creations.
RAZOR-SHARP DAMASCUS BLADE
The blade begins with a core of SG2, a super-premium steel with a fine grain structure that takes and maintains an incredibly sharp edge. The core is clad on each side with 50 alternating layers of nickel and Damascus stainless steel, resulting in an exceptionally strong, 101-layer blade. Features beautiful, deep-etched chevron pattern designed by Bob.
DURABLE LINEN-MICARTA HANDLE
Prized as one of the most durable handle materials available, linen micarta withstands extreme temperatures and resists wear, even after prolonged use. Handle is triple riveted for strength and control, with full tang tapered to Bob’s precise specifications. Each knife features a signature center pin handcrafted by Bob himself.
Blade is cryogenically hardened, rapidly cooled, and then tempered twice to maximize durability and achieve a 63 Rockwell hardness.
Skilled Japanese artisans hand finish each knife using a traditional honbazuke honing technique. Blades are sharpened twice on whetstones with custom grits, followed by mirror polishing on a leather wheel. The angle of each blade is honed to 15° on each side for scalpel-like sharpness.
DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT
Whether you’re working in a professional kitchen night after night or prepping for meals at home, you want a knife that lets you chop, dice and slice with ease. Bob draws on his experience working in commercial kitchens to create ergonomic knives with exceptional balance for hours of comfortable use.
- Manufacturer: Kramer by Zwilling J.A. Henckels
- Care: Hand wash
- Dimensions: 5" blade
- Material: Micarta, Damascus steel, nickel
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- We worked with Master Bladesmith Bob Kramer, along with renowned German knife maker Zwilling J.A. Henckels, for this exclusive cutlery collection
- Artisan knives designed by Bob and crafted to his exacting specifications
- Professional chefs often wait years for a Kramer original
- SG2 super-steel core for razor-sharp, lasting edge
- 101-layer blade features deep-etched chevron Damascas designed by Bob
- Ice-hardened to 63 Rockwell
- Linen micarta handle resists wear, even after prolonged use
- Full tang tapered to Bob’s precise specifications
- Triple riveted for strength and control
- Signature decorative center pin is handcrafted by Bob himself
- Traditional 3-step hand finishing on each edge
- 15° angle on each side for scalpel-like sharpness
- Ergonomic design for hours of comfortable use
- Handmade in Seki City, Japan, exclusively for Sur La Table