Wüsthof Epicure Chef’s Knife, 6"
ALL-NEW DESIGN FROM BLADE TO BOLSTER TO HANDLE
Extra knuckle clearance. Perfect balance. From USA-made Epicurean handle to wide, ceramic-coated blade, it’s by design that an Epicure knife feels like it belongs in your hand.
REVOLUTIONARY CERAMIC-COATED BLADE
Each blade has been treated with a revolutionary invisible ceramic coating to make cleanup easy, prevent food from sticking and protect against damage over time.
NEWLY REDESIGNED WIDER BLADES ARE MORE USER-FRIENDLY
Engineer Bjorn Berger designed the wider blade shapes with a slight curve to enhance stability, comfort, and knuckle clearance.
ULTRA-HYGIENIC AND ERGONOMIC EPICUREAN HANDLE The Epicurean recycled-wood-fiber handles are made in the USA of the same silky smooth, ultra-durable material used to make professional cutting boards.
NEW FORGED BOLSTER FOR INCREASED STABILITY
To create a knife of unmatched strength and stability, the experts at Wüsthof used almost 200 years of experience to rethink traditional bolster design. You’ll feel the results every time you use this knife.
DOUBLE-RIVETED FULL-TANG HANDLE
The sturdy two-rivet handles are made of epicurean, a unique wood-fiber composite used in commercial kitchens that’s ultra-durable and hygienic.
VERSATILE CHEF’S KNIFE
The chef’s knife is the kitchen workhorse: chop, dice and mince meat and vegetables safely and easily. Made in Solingen, Germany.
Shop all Wüsthof Epicure »
- The engineers at Wüsthof went back to the cutting board and spent two years designing a new collection from scratch just for us
- The result: the most innovative and technically advanced Western knives we’ve ever offered
- Forged from a single vision and a single piece of steel, with all-new design from blade to bolster to handle
- Perfect balance
- It’s by design that an Epicure knife feels like it belongs in your hand
- Revolutionary invisible ceramic coating makes cleanup easy, prevents food from sticking and protects against damage over time
- Newly redesigned wider blades are more user-friendly
- Engineer Bjorn Berger designed the wider blade shapes with a slight curve to enhance stability, comfort, and knuckle clearance
- Epicurean® recycled-wood-fiber handles are made in the USA of the same silky smooth, ultra-durable material used to make professional cutting boards
- To create a knife of unmatched strength and stability, the experts at Wüsthof used almost 200 years of experience to rethink traditional bolster design
- Sturdy two-rivet handles are made of epicurean, a unique wood-fiber composite used in commercial kitchens that’s ultra-durable and hygienic
- Versatile chef’s knife is the kitchen workhorse
- Chop, dice and mince meat and vegetables safely and easily
- Dimensions: 6"
- Material: Stainless steel and wood fiber
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Solingen, Germany
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash
Simple-to-use steel makes it easy to keep knives razor sharp.See product page for full details »
New Two-stage sharpener brings all your German-angled knives back to their original factory-created edges. Sharpener features carbide for the coarse side (to...See product page for full details »
The engineers at Wüsthof went back to the cutting board and spent two years designing a new collection from scratch just for us. The result: The most...See product page for full details »
I was sold on the knife before even using it because of it's environmental footprint. The salesperson at the store I visited told me that the handle is made of Epicurean material which is 100% recycled AND made in the USA. That is now just an added bonus because the performance of the knife alone speaks for itself.
I've used the knife every day for the last few weeks and am headed back to the store to purchase the rest of the collection this weekend
After using it for a week, I can't believe I haven't had a high quality knife like this, nor will I ever cook/prep without it. It's sturdy enough to cut meats, and small enough to do fine knife work! The handle is beautiful to look at and feels great in my hand
I went to Sur La Table determined that I would walk out with a Miyabi Artisan. I loved the way the Artisan grip looked since I have fibromyalgia, and it looked like it would fit my hand well and prevent my hands from aching after chopping for extended periods... BUT After trying out a few of the top quality knives with large grips, I ended up walking out of the store with this 6"" Epicure Wusthof. I loved it so much using it in the store, I didn't want to put it down, and I was so excited to use it, I went straight to the butcher after and bought some high quality meat to use it on!
After holding it, cutting with the knife and comparing it to the others, this one was so much lighter and comfortable in my hand! I couldn't tell much of a difference in the cutting quality when I was demo-ing all the knives in the store, since they were all such high quality knives to begin with. That being said, when I was getting the Epicure out of the box when I got home, I was fumbling around trying to get the knife out of the box and I accidentally shaved an extremely thin piece of my skin off my finger when I bumped my finger against the blade...so sharp!
So, is it worth the investment? Absolutely! You will have no buyer's remorse after buying this knife. It's a wonderful addition to my kitchen.
I'm ready to go buy the rest of the knives in the collection
Questions & Answers
Sounds like a great knife - what happens to the ceramic coating IF you need to sharpen it. Thank you.
Are you able to use a steel on this knife to keep the edge or do you not need this and it stays sharp? What kind of sharpener does anyone recommend?
Thanks, sorry - know I just asked another question
Hi there, what is the grind type on this knife?Also, could you tell me how thick it is roughly?Many thanks in advanc