Master Class: Essential Flavors
Class Description: In this hands-on class, we'll show you how to sharpen a chef's most important tool: a discerning palate. Our instructor will walk you through the steps for creating a tasting menu featuring the full range of flavors–sweet, salty, sour, bitter and umami. You'll enjoy working alongside classmates practicing techniques for everything from pan roasting and sauce making to creating vinaigrette and compound butter from scratch. While learning essential tips for seasoning and developing flavor, you'll tantalize taste buds, awaken the senses and become the intuitive cook you've always wanted to be.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class