Jacques Pépin New Complete Techniques
Jacques Pépin New Complete Techniques offers more than 1,000 color photographs and 30% new techniques since its previous edition. This revised and updated edition was all culled from Pépin’s archive and hand-selected by the chef himself.
This comprehensive, authoritative presentation includes more than 600 techniques and methods and 160 recipes, demonstrated by Pépin in 2,250 step-by-step photographs. Essentially, New Complete Techniques is a culinary course on every aspect of classic cooking, from the basics (how to sharpen a knife or peel an onion), to the practical (how to properly bone a chicken), to the whimsical (how to make decorative swans and flowers out of fruit and vegetables), to the complex (how to lard a pheasant pâté and encase it in a decorative crust of breading, or how to break down a saddle of lamb).
Pépin is universally hailed by professional chefs and home cooks as the grand master of techniques and methods. He is America’s leading culinary teacher and expert on classic techniques and methods of food preparation. Having hosted 12 television series and written 26 cookbooks, he has earned his place in the pantheon of all-time greatest chefs.
784 pages. Autographed by the author on bookplate. Hardcover.
- Publisher: Black Dog & Leaventhal Publishers
- Includes: 784 pages with 160 recipes
- Material: Hardcover
- Master chef Jacques Pépin updates his classic, seminal work, Complete Techniques, with brand-new content and beautiful color photography
- This revised version offers more than 1,000 color photographs and 30% new techniques since its previous edition, all hand selected by the master chef himself
- Features more than 600 techniques and methods and 160 recipes, demonstrated by Pépin in 2,250 step-by-step photographs
- This book is a culinary course on all aspects of cooking, from the basics to the practical to the whimsical to the complex