OXO 3-in-1 Egg Separator
This tool also features a comfortable, non-slip grip, and it fits onto nearly any bowl. Compact size for easy storage. Dishwasher safe in the top rack. 8¾" x 5".
- Handy tool helps you crack and separate eggs with minimum fuss
- Crack eggs against the tool’s raised edges
- Smart design prevents drips from running down the sides of your bowl, or eggshell pieces from getting into your food
- Egg separator allows you to easily separate the egg yolks from the whites
- Comfortable, non-slip grip
- Fits onto nearly any bowl
- Compact size for easy storage
- Dimensions: 8¾" x 5"
- Material: Polypropylene
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe in the top rack
Right off the bat, I liked the fact that it has a clip so it will sit on the edge of your bowl neatly and securely (thin bowls too, which is great, although you may have to tinker a bit or the separator will lean quite a bit into the bowl). There's a raised edge for cracking an egg on, avoiding bits of broken shell falling into your bowl. And the egg whites go effortlessly into the waiting bowl with no mess. It's also dishwasher-safe.
Granted, I tested it with large eggs; if you're using small eggs, there may be an issue with the yolks sliding through the openings, which seemed a touch large (I assume this was tested /designed for large eggs, as that is the most common size called for in American cookbooks).
Overall, this is a great tool to have on hand if you find yourself frequently separating eggs for use in souffles, flourless cakes, etc., and is the best of the three egg separators I own
over 2 years ago
12 months ago
Questions & Answers