Class Description: If you love fresh bagels but think you could never make them at home, this 3-hour, hands-on workshop will change your mind. Our instructor will demystify the process, walking you step-by-step through techniques for making perfect yeasted dough, then shaping, seasoning, boiling and baking bagels. Plus, we’ll share the surprisingly simple secrets for smoking salmon and making amazing cream cheese "schmears." After mastering a few essentials, you’ll be ready to impress friends and family with amazing, from-scratch bagels and all the trimmings.
Cook up something great with a little help from the best. We’ve joined forces with the most trusted name in America’s kitchens, KitchenAid, to create a new series of classes that will help you cook with more confidence, creativity – and fun. From essential basics to holiday entertaining, amazing baking and more.
To explore the full schedule of our KitchenAid partner classes, please click here: Sur La Table & KitchenAid Hands-On Classes.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class