Demeyere Stainless Egg Poaching Pan, 4 cup
SMART & STURDY
Crafted from 18/10 stainless steel, the 5-layer base provides even heat distribution with a ¼-in. pure aluminum core. The matching tempered glass lid lets you watch food as it cooks. Handle is designed to stay cool to the touch while cooking.
A FAVORITE OF PRO CHEFS
All Demeyere cookware is developed to comply with and compliment the needs of the modern, professional cook. Many professional chefs all over the world love Demeyere for the efficiency, durability and above all, their lasting performance
- Helps you make world-class eggs Benedict and other brunch specialties
- Masterfully crafted for consistently great results
- Sauté pan and its matching tempered glass lid can also be used without the stainless steel insert
- Use the pan for multiple uses, including sauces, vegetables, grains or melting butter
- Crafted from 18/10 matte finish stainless steel with glass lid
- Includes four detachable egg cups
- 5-layer base with a ¼-in. pure aluminum core provides even heat distribution
- Tempered glass lid lets you watch food as it cooks
- Handle is designed to stay cool to the touch while cooking
- Manufacturer: Demeyere
- Care: Never use bleach, abrasive cleaners or steel wool
- Capacity: 4.8 qt.
- Dimensions: 7" x 6¼"
- Material: Stainless steel
- Warranty: 2-year guarantee (not for professional use)
- Model: #84619
- Made in Indonesia
And, with the insert removed, this is a great tri-ply saucepan, by a great maker, at a great price. Can't beat this pan or its value
5 months ago
1 year ago
4 months ago
3 months ago
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
?Capacity: 4.8 qt.
?Dimensions: 7" x 6¼"
Is this a misprint? All my other Demeyere does not say ""made in India"" they are made in Belgium and the Demeyere name is on both the pan and handle. Why is this different?Also, the construction. It says 5 layer. Does the 5 layer extend all the way up the side of the pan or does it only cover the bottom disc
I have a poacher with plastic cups. It is very hard to cook the white at the bottom of the cup without overcooking the egg. Currently to come close to making it work, I need to put too much water in the pan and cook the eggs with the top off for about two minute
The Excalibur non stick coating has very good non stick properties and is very strong. Excalibur is based on an additional hard layer of stainless steel between the stainless steel of the pan and the Teflon layer. It is much harder than the traditional non stick layers (based on an aluminium intermediate layer) but not suitable for the use of knife and fork. The four steps in the Excalibur coating process are:
1. The surface is roughened first to provide better adhesion of the other components of the coating process.
2. Then comes the most important part: glowing hot particles of a special stainless steel are sprayed over the rough surface.
3. The particles cool down, toughen and adhere to the surface. They form a series of “peaks and valleys” that are a permanent base for the non stick layer.
4. Different layers of hard fluorpolymers fill the valleys and cover the tops and are constantly kept in place by the special stainless steel “tops”.
Is this related to the Industry5 or Atlantis lines? I love my Industry5 cookware and don't want to add a piece that does not have the same features.
This egg poacher is part of the Atlantis line and not the Industry 5 line. The only difference visually would really be that the handles are not textured. Functionally this egg poacher is far superior to any other I have seen. Industry 5 does not currently have an egg poacher in its line.