Breville® Smart Scoop™ Ice Cream Compressor
Read what The New York Times has to say.
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Model: BCI600XL
- Includes: Smart Scoop ice cream compressor with folding paddles, cleaning brush and recipe book
- Care: Wipe exterior with damp cloth; hand wash aluminum bowl
- Dimensions: 16" x 11" x 9½"
- Weight: 30 lbs, 9 oz.
- Capacity: 1½ qt.
- Watts: 150
- Warranty: 1 year
- Made in China
- Select from 12 settings, from super-soft to extra-firm, to create a range of consistencies
- Automatically senses hardness of mixture and keeps ready until serving time
- Smart programming features music function, pre-cool to operating temperature and audible beeper that alerts you when it’s time to add delicious mix-ins
- Easy-to-clean stainless steel exterior and aluminum mixing bowl
In reading the one-star review above, I would imagine she had a defective unit. All the batches we have made to date have taken about 50-minutes, as indicated in the directions.
Questions & Answers
saying it makes a grinding noise and stops before the ice cream is finished. Has Breville addressed this problem? I was very disappointed to read that there are problems with this ice cream maker as I own Breville products and like them.
One of 'the staff' replied that you have used this machine a lot and that "most of our problems were user error".
Since a significant number of people seem to be having this problem, can you explain why the noise occurred, why the ice cream was not properly finished and what your solution to the problem was?
We are very happy with our unit.