Breville® Smart Scoop™ Ice Cream Compressor
Nothing says summer quite like homemade ice cream. In less than an hour, Breville’s fully automatic, compressor-driven ice cream maker delivers sorbet, frozen yogurt, ice cream and gelato in the consistency of your choosing.
Read what The New York Times has to say.
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Model: BCI600XL
- Includes: Smart Scoop ice cream compressor with folding paddles, cleaning brush and recipe book
- Care: Wipe exterior with damp cloth; hand wash aluminum bowl
- Dimensions: 16" x 11" x 9½"
- Weight: 30 lbs, 9 oz.
- Capacity: 1½ qt.
- Watts: 150
- Warranty: 1 year
- Made in China
- Select from 12 settings, from super-soft to extra-firm, to create a range of consistencies
- Automatically senses hardness of mixture and keeps ready until serving time
- Smart programming features music function, pre-cool to operating temperature and audible beeper that alerts you when it’s time to add delicious mix-ins
- Easy-to-clean stainless steel exterior and aluminum mixing bowl
In reading the one-star review above, I would imagine she had a defective unit. All the batches we have made to date have taken about 50-minutes, as indicated in the directions.
Questions & Answers
saying it makes a grinding noise and stops before the ice cream is finished. Has Breville addressed this problem? I was very disappointed to read that there are problems with this ice cream maker as I own Breville products and like them.
We are very happy with our unit.