Breville® Smart Scoop™ Ice Cream Compressor
Make ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt and gelato at home.
The Smart Scoop™ is fully compressor-driven, meaning there’s no need to work with pre-frozen bowls or mixes. Instead, you can simply add your ice cream base to the machine and push a button. When its time to add mix-ins—think chocolate chips, chopped fruit or flavor syrups—simply pour them through the flip-back lid. When your frozen treat is ready, the Breville Smart Scoop™ will alert you with a beep or your choice of nostalgic tune. If you’re not quite ready to serve, just use the “hold” feature to keep your ice cream at your preferred consistency for up to three hours.
- Fully automatic, compressor-driven ice cream maker produces delicious treats without the need for prefrozen bowls or mixes
- Choose between manual or fully automatic functionality
- Select from twelve hardness settings to find your ideal consistency for sorbet, frozen yogurt, gelato or ice cream
- Easily add your favorite mix-ins through the flip-back lid; an indicator lets you know the right time to add chocolate chips, fruit or whatever you choose
- When your frozen treat is ready, the machine will let you know—choose from an alert beep or a variety of nostalgic tunes, including Turkey in the Straw, The Entertainer or Camptown Races
- Hold function keeps ice cream cool for up to three hours, so it’s fresh and delicious when you’re ready to serve
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Model: BCI600XL
- Material: Stainless steel, aluminum, plastic
- Dimensions: 16" x 11" x 9.5"
- Weight: 30 lbs, 9 oz.
- Capacity: 1.5 quarts
- Watts: 150 W
- Warranty: 1-year warranty
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Wipe exterior with damp cloth; hand wash aluminum bowl
What's In the box? Show
- Smart Scoop ice cream compressor
- Removable bowl
- Removable paddle
- Cleaning brush
- Recipe book
The velvety-smooth texture and rich flavor of chocolate mousse is truly the ultimate indulgence for chocolate lovers. One bite of this decadent, all-natural ...See product page for full details »
Old-fashioned Buttered Pecan gets a robust, nutty flavor upgrade with our starter mix. It’s easy to make at home—just mix with cream, half and...See product page for full details »
Sweet and salty fans don’t need to choose—our Salted Caramel Ice Cream Starter has the best of both flavor worlds with a rich, caramelized...See product page for full details »
Vanilla is never boring with our gourmet ice cream starter. With a luscious texture that evokes nostalgia with every spoonful, it’s delicious on its...See product page for full details »
Rich and smooth, this exceptional topping delivers intense chocolate flavor. Warm it to make it pourable, then drizzle over a wedge of cake, brownies, cream ...See product page for full details »
New Slow-cooked cream and sugar are balanced by a hint of sea salt in this thick dessert sauce. Warm slightly and pour over ice cream, stir into a latte...See product page for full details »
Spice up your favorite frozen dessert with our Mexican Spiced Chocolate Ice Cream Starter, inspired by traditional Mexican hot cocoa. Vibrant flavors of...See product page for full details »
7 months ago
6 months ago
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
It has been a family favorite ever since. I can easily adjust the sugar and fat content of our ice cream, replacing it with fresh and flavorful fruits. I cannot remember last time we actually bought ice cream... Per fact appliance for the kitchen.
saying it makes a grinding noise and stops before the ice cream is finished. Has Breville addressed this problem? I was very disappointed to read that there are problems with this ice cream maker as I own Breville products and like them.
wow! they were all so good!!
One of 'the staff' replied that you have used this machine a lot and that "most of our problems were user error".
Since a significant number of people seem to be having this problem, can you explain why the noise occurred, why the ice cream was not properly finished and what your solution to the problem was?