Kuhn Rikon High-Output Ratchet Mills
- Reliable ratchet mechanism delivers consistent grind
- Use with salt, pepper and other spices
- Easy to refill
- Door on front to add your spices
- Adjusts from fine to coarse grinds
- Manufacturer: Kuhn Rikon
- Care: Wipe clean. Clean occasionally by grinding coarse salt to remove residue and spice aftertaste
- Dimensions: 2" x 8 ¾"
- Material: Polypropylene and acrylic
- Designed in Switzerland; made in China
New Fully ripened on the vine, our exclusive white peppercorns have a delicate flavor and aroma. Perfect for light-colored sauces or mashed potatoes. Naturally ...See product page for full details »
New From famed Tellicherry, India, our exclusive peppercorns are larger, more deeply hued, more fragrant and more flavorful than any other. Naturally season...See product page for full details »
New Similar to traditional French mixtures, our rainbow blend tempts the palate with a rich variety of flavors and aromas. Use as you would ground or white...See product page for full details »
Naturally season dishes while cooking or at the table, enhancing the flavor of your favorite recipes. Our exclusive sea salts contain no preservatives and...See product page for full details »
This little rachet mill is amazing. I have purchased other mills, higher priced than this one, and this one is by far the best and most durable mill around.
I have used it for salt and pepper of course and have used one for cloves, pepperocini and other spices. You will not regret this purchase
They are so easy to use!
I find myself trying to find things I can put fresh salt and pepper on!
Thank you for making such a QUALITY product!!
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
Is this grinder suitable for flax seeds?
Common ways moisture gets into your mills: dispensing ingredient into boiling water, soup or sauce at the stove. The vapor coming of the meal is extensive and condenses readily on the cooler mill surfaces.
Setting these mills on a wet surface (water rings, messy meal preparation, cutting board runoff, etc. can also provide a significant source of water into your mill.
As mentioned before, outdoor use in wet or humid environments should also be avoided.
1. Air dry. This will take a while and requires the hopper to be open and the unit to be rotated several times to truly dry it out. placing a dry paper towel into the hopper will speed the process.
2. Place in your oven at 150 Degrees F. This dry heat will accelerate the drying process. Alternately, place on a shoe rack in your clothes dryer on Air dry setting if you have this feature.
3. Filling with salt, pepper and dry spices will also absorb water, but will likely clog the unit unless completely dry. As an alternate, white rice can be used. Fill with white rice, shake to bring rice into contact with remaining moisture and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Drain rice. Any remaining rice that cannot be easily removed will be ground up and eliminated by abrasive action of salt/pepper/spices.
Are these suitable for grinding nuts like almonds?