GreenPan Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Skillet, 12"
The original makers of ceramic nonstick, GreenPan has partnered with Sur La Table to create a line of exceptional nonstick cookware packed with cook-friendly details and designed for everyday use. GreenPan Healthy Ceramic Nonstick cookware features a dishwasher-safe coating that’s completely free of toxic chemicals or persistent pollutants and is precisely engineered to deliver impeccable results. GreenPan for Sur La Table Healthy Ceramic Nonstick is only available at Sur La Table.
- Thermolon™ Marathon ceramic coating is safe and non-toxic. It is completely free of PFOA and persistent pollutants as well as lead or cadmium, and will not blister or peel, even when heated to temperatures of up to 600°F
- The most advanced ceramic nonstick on the market, Thermolon™ Marathon pairs durability, stain- and scratch-resistance with the ultimate in nonstick performance
- Unlike traditional nonstick, GreenPan’s ceramic nonstick coating is dishwasher safe
- Optimized for efficient cooking, with an extra-thick forged base for rapid, even heat distribution and slimmer sides for decreased weight and maneuverability
- Brushed stainless steel handles are riveted for extra strength and are designed to provide maximum comfort and control while cooking
- Constructed from upcycled stainless steel and aluminum
- Manufacturer: GreenPan
- Material: Aluminum, stainless steel, ceramic nonstick
- 20" x 12" x 2" (12" diameter cooking surface)
- Weight: 2 lb., 5 oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty on pan. Two-year warranty on Thermolon nonstick
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Use: Oven safe to 600°F. Broiler safe. Not for use with metal utensils
Lightweight cast aluminum main pan: also excellent
Thin exterior coating: Scratches much too easily, making it hard to get burnt-on food cleaned off -- better would be the same stainless steel (I'm guessing) in the handle, at least stainless clad.
1 year ago
1 year ago
10 months ago
9 months ago
7 months ago
8 months ago
Questions & Answers
So to make a long question short:
"How long is this new GreenPan Thermolon™ Marathon surface expected to remain non-stick in regular use?"
While there are no nonstick coatings that will last forever, taking extra care with your cookware can extend its life substantially. That being said, here are a few tips to make your coating last even longer.
-Don’t use your pans on high heat on the stovetop. Their anodized aluminum exterior makes them highly efficient, so nothing above medium heat is necessary & could compromise the coating’s integrity.
-Avoid any sort of aerosol cooking sprays on the surface. Overtime these sprays carbonize & form a layer of buildup on the pan, causing food to stick.
-Use of any metal utensils in your pan is not recommended, as scratches on the coating can occur. Additionally, take care when storing them while not in use. Pan protectors are a great way to avoid damaging your cookware when stacked for storage.
-Be sure to allow your cookware to cool completely before washing.
-Although you can cook without any sort of oil or fat, it is suggested that you cook with some, even if the amount is minimal.
Now, if for some reason you do find that the nonstick properties begin to diminish, a quick clean up with a Magic Eraser should will help.
For those interested: the description says that it can be washed in a dishwasher, but the directions say not to do it. Like " Teflon" pans, dishwasher washing will ruin the stickfree-edness.