Sourdough Workshop: 2-Part Series
Part 1: Preferments-Building a Starter Lecture and Demo - Classic Baguette – Shaved Garlic and Herb Focaccia
Part 2: Sourdough Baguette - Sourdough English Muffins - Sweet and Savory Sourdough Scones
Class Description: If you love the amazing flavor of sourdough bread but think you could never make it at home, this two-part workshop will change your mind. We’ll introduce you to baking terminology and walk you through the process of creating your own bakery-style sourdough breads.
Part 1: Our instructor will begin with a short lecture on building a starter and show you the surprisingly simple steps for creating and maintaining your own. Then you’ll work alongside classmates as you practice making two classic yeasted breads.
Part 2: In our second session, our instructor will show you how to incorporate your starter into a variety of breads, from a classic baguette to some of the best scones you’ve ever tasted. Once you master a few essentials, you’ll look forward to impressing family and friends with your own artisan sourdough creations.
*Please Note:Class only available as a two-part series. No single day enrollments. Class will run about 3 hours each session.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class