Staub® Grenadine Braiser
Web exclusive: Only available online.
- Staub’s innovative enamel coating improves cast iron’s performance and durability
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking
- No seasoning required
- Matte interior enamel creates a rough surface for better browning
- Smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results
- Manufacturer: Staub
- Material: Enameled cast iron, brass
- Capacity: 2¾-qt.
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash
In addition to the braiser, I own a Staub 4 Qt. round cocotte, which has basting spikes on the lid. When I purchased the braiser, I assumed it would also have the basting spikes, but it does not. Regardless, the quality of the meals cooked in the braiser does not seem to suffer one bit and might even be better.
As a word of caution, the 4 Qt. braiser is a surprisingly heavy piece, and care should be taken when placing or moving the braiser across surfaces such as ceramic stovetops.
According to the Staub consumer affairs department, the braiser is oven safe up to 500 degrees F and is cadmium free, lead free, PFOA free and PTFE free
Questions & Answers