Secrets of Spanish Paella
Class Description: The quintessential dish of Spain, paella is a feast for all the senses—from the signature saffron hue to its heavenly scent and incredible flavor. In this hands-on class, our instructor will introduce you to the authentic Spanish ingredients that make paella so savory and satisfying. We’ll show you how to prepare the sofrito or flavor base and share secrets for ensuring perfectly cooked rice every time. You’ll enjoy working alongside classmates learning to prepare a seafood paella and a meat-based version. Plus, we’ll show you how to create the perfect paella accompaniment—a fresh summer salad with homemade vinaigrette.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class