Shun® Classic Santoku, 5½"
- Manufacturer: KAI Corporation
- Material: Forged VG-MAX (SUS410) high-carbon stainless-steel-clad blade, ebony pakkawood handle
- Care: Hand wash with gentle dish soap
- Dimensions: 5½" blade
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
- Constructed using the kasumi method, the traditional Japanese process for creating samurai swords
- VG-10 steel core provides incredible edge retention
- High-density VG-MAX steel is tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 60–61
- Cutting edge is ground to 16° angle on each side for one of the sharpest knives you’ll ever use
- Takes and keeps an ultra-sharp edge without the need for excessive re-sharpening
- VG-MAX core is clad with 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel
- Oval indentations reduce friction for clean, uniform cuts with minimal sticking
- D-shaped pakkawood handle is moisture resistant
- Meets the high safety standards for professional kitchens (NSF-certified)
- Handmade in Seki City, Japan’s historical center for manufacturing samurai swords
The Shun Housewares Division was started in December 2002. At that time, there were no established sales and only 13 items in the Shun Line. Today, the housewares team has built the division to its high position of prominence in the gourmet cutlery category.
KAI is also the owner of the famous US-made Kershaw pocket knives.
- Spend $500 on Shun cutlery and receive a $50 Sur La Table gift card by mail.