Shun® Classic Nakiri, 6½"
Free sharpening on all Shun cutlery for as long as you own it. Click for details
- Constructed using the kasumi method, the traditional Japanese process for creating samurai swords
- Features a core of proprietary VG-MAX super steel clad on both sides with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel
- Cutting edge is ground to 16° angle on each side for one of the sharpest knives you’ll ever use
- Takes and keeps an ultra-sharp edge without the need for excessive re-sharpening
- High-density steel is tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 60–61
- D-shaped ebony pakkawood handle is moisture resistant
- Meets the high safety standards for professional kitchens (NSF-certified)
- Handmade in Seki City, Japan’s historical center for manufacturing samurai swords
- Manufacturer: KAI Corporation
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel, ebony pakkawood
- Care: Hand wash only
- Dimensions: 6½" blade
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
Questions & Answers
Is this knife magnetic?
You only really need one great chef's knife and both sizes are great. They are balanced, sharp, and lightweight. I would suggest buying a chef's knife based on how it feels in your hand. If it is comfortable to use and if the weight feels good, you cannot go wrong with either of these. My husband uses the 6.5 for everything! It does need to be sharpened often. You can not let it air dry or it will get spots. In other words, you do have to maintain them. Highly recommend brand and knife. You can check out global if you haven't already.