Le Creuset® Signature Cherry Doufeu, 4½ qt.
Available in Le Creuset’s classic cherry color, each doufeu is the product of time-honored casting techniques and rigorous hand finishing at Le Creuset’s foundry in northern France.
- Manufacturer: Le Creuset
- Includes: Pot; lid
- Material: Enameled cast iron
- Care: Dishwasher safe; hand wash recommended
- Capacity: 4½ qt.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
- Recessed lid with dimpled underside distributes moisture evenly inside the pot
- Colorful exterior enamel is long-lasting and chip- and crack-resistant; interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling; neutral-colored interior makes it easy to monitor cooking food
- Enameled cast iron provides even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Suitable for all heat sources (induction, electric, gas and halogen); oven-safe to 500°F
- Re-engineered lid stays securely in place to lock in flavor
- Side handles on both lid and base offer added control
- Timeless Le Creuset beauty for oven-to-table presentation
The rigorous process starts with molten iron being sand cast from a single mold that’s destroyed after use, explaining why no two pieces are identical. Pots, pans and accessories are then painstakingly polished and finished by hand, sprayed with two coats of enamel and fired twice. No other procedure yields cookware that so evenly conducts and retains heat, making Le Creuset cast iron second to none for slow cooking.
Le Creuset’s signature color, Flame, was created to reflect the intense orange hue of molten cast iron inside a cauldron (“creuset” in French). In the company’s early years, this vibrant shade offered a refreshing color choice within a sea of gray. Carrying on the tradition, Le Creuset features a wide range of vibrant colors to complement any kitchen décor.
In 1995 Le Creuset began expanding into new categories: stainless steel, stoneware, silicone, enamel on steel, textiles and forged hard-anodized aluminum. Although some production processes have been modernized, you can be sure the handmade qualities of Le Creuset cookware remain unchanged. The company still manufactures their cast iron cookware in the original foundry, with each piece passing through the hands of 15 skilled artisans to ensure flawless perfection.
With the consistent qualities of authenticity, originality and innovation, Le Creuset maintains a connection to both heritage and modernity.