- Manufacturer: Tovolo
- Material: Silicone
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Use: Oven safe to 600°F
- Dimensions: 10"
- Made in China
These are pliable and can easily be bent to fit into a pot or bowl. I liked them so much, I purchased 6 of them. These are some of the ways I use them:
1. I put TWO in my kitchen sink and rest my colander on them when I'm draining noodles or potatoes. This gives more distance between the sink and colander and facilitates draining. These clean up easily and can be put into the dishwasher.
2. I use these to QUICKLY cool down a hot pot of soup. I put these in my kitchen sink, rest the hot pot of soup on top and add ice to the sink. As the ice starts melting, the small pieces wedge under the pot. The soup will cool down rather quickly if you continually stir the hot soup and replenish the ice as needed.
3. I made a "double boiler" by bending one in halve and resting a 1 quart measuring cup on it in a pan of simmering water.
4. These make GREAT trivets for large pans.
5. I set HOT cake pans and cupcake pans on these. The air circulates under the pans and cools the cakes quickly.
6. I have one "designated" for using with a hot glue gun. This allows me to lay the glue gun down without burning my work space. Any glue that gets on the silicone, peels off easily.
7. I also have one "designated" for my curling iron. The barrel is 1 1/2" and too heavy for the attached stand to keep it from touching the counter. This works great to keep the hot barrel off the counter and the silicone does not get hot..
8. I also have two "designated" for a stand for a hot iron.
I bought six so I could keep the "designated" ones separate from the ones used in the kitchen. Also, they were a GREAT sale price.
These are 10 1/2" long with a flat bottom and a beveled top.
They lay flat and are solid silicone with some weight to them(they are NOT flimsy).
12 months ago
Questions & Answers