All-Clad® 8-Qt. 3-Piece Stockpot Set
- Manufacturer: All-Clad
- Includes: Stockpot, lid and pasta insert
- Material: Stainless steel and aluminum
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Use: Broiler, stovetop and oven safe to 450°F
- Capacity: 8 qt.
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in China
- All-Clad products are sought after by the world’s top chefs
- Quick-heating stainless steel and aluminum disc bottom delivers even heat distribution
- Induction-stovetop capable
- The 18/10 stainless-steel cooking surface won’t react with food
- Easy-grip stay-cool handles are secured with rivets for easy handling
- Allows for easy lifting and draining of pasta, potatoes, vegetables, shellfish and more
- Stainless-steel-mesh pasta insert is easy to clean and won’t react with foods
- Mesh insert allows you to strain everything from your stocks and soups—nothing gets through
- Also great for canning, blanching, making one-pot meals and preparing food in large quantities
This 8qt stockpot has a single-ply construction on the sides of the pot but has a ""disk"" or base that has a tri-ply construction; stainless steel, aluminum core, stainless steel construction. This feature is highly recommended by All-Clad because it allows for more efficient heat conduction at the base of the pot; this construction in turn is the most efficient way to boil water or other contents in which you would use a stockpot for cooking.
Because of the tri-ply construction of the stockpot's base, it can be listed as and considered as having the ""tri-ply"" label
This summer I am going to learn to can so the 8 Qt. stockpot with insert is going to be perfect for this! I also cook for large groups of family and friends so this will also be perfect for my spaghetti pasta. Thank-you Sur la Table for the great deal
I was so impressed with the weight of the stainless steel pot and insert. So solid and well-made.
I don't know what ply it is, but it's so solid that it will cook well.
The screened insert is really neat because nothing will go through those tiny openings, as they do with regular inserts. That's why I got this pot.
The screen is very sturdy, so this pot should quickly become one of my favorites
Questions & Answers
I looked for information on your mesh pasta insert on the All-Clad website, but that product was not listed. I did see the traditional pasta insert that is more sold with holes.What are the benefits of your mesh insert and is it dishwasher safe? Is the mesh insert exclusive to you
Does this insert rest on the bottom of the pot, or is there a gap between the bottom and the bottom of the pot