Miyabi Evolution Chef’s Knives
Available in 3 sizes: 6", 8" or 9.5" blade. Each knife is sold individually.
- Exclusive to Sur La Table, Miyabi Evolution knives represent the next refinement in East meets West cutlery.
- Designed to exacting standards exclusively for Sur La Table, Evolution melds expert artisanship with ground-breaking technology
- Revolutionary FC61 steel pairs fine carbide distribution with an astonishing 61 Rockwell hardness and has never before been used for kitchen cutlery—despite many attempts
- Fine carbide distribution results in a blade that holds an incredibly sharp angle and is extremely durable, with no risk of chipping under normal use
- Double Friodur hardening improves the microstructure of the steel for improved cutting performance, corrosion resistance and astonishing durability
- Each forged, full-tang blade is touched by 46 artisans and is hand-honed via a three-step, dry-sharpening process to an exceedingly sharp 22 to 24 degrees; blades are polished to a mirror finish and have sand-blasted katana edges
- Each triple-riveted handle features striking red spacers and is individually weight adjusted; handle undergoes a rigorous nine-step finishing process to ensure perfect ergonomic design
- Comfort-oriented features such as rounded spine, bolster and heel reduce cutting and slicing fatigue; knife is easy to hold in either an Eastern or a Western grip
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel; polymer handle
- Dimensions: 6", 8" or 10" blade
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash
New An heirloom-quality gift for your favorite tech-minded chef (even if that’s you), this set of advanced knives, designed exclusively for Sur La Table...See product page for full details »
The blade is extremely sharp and lightweight, plus it's less fussy looking than my other Japanese knives. I love that it looks German, but performs like a Japanese blade. I've already put it to the test over a long weekend of cooking and it's my new favorite for sure. I love to cook and a sharp, comfortable knife is important. I really enjoyed it so much it will be a gift this Christmas for my brother the cook!
You will love this knife
This is a beautiful, sturdy knife.
Questions & Answers
I'm new to nice cutlery and recently purchased the 8"" evolution. Love the knife! I've been doing some reading and it seems there are mixed feelings on honing Japanese knives with steel. What do you recommend with this knife?Additionally, your in-store employee only recommended getting the knife sharpened every 6 months or so. Is this correct
I purchased Miyabi's wooden 8-inch chef's knife sheath, but it does not seem to be compatible with this knife. I'd like a nice wooden or leather sheath, if possible
Please clarify the blade angle on the Miyabi Evolution 8"" chef; i.e., is it 11-12 degrees per side?Re: sharpening: I have the Global 7"" santoku, 5"" santoku, serrated utility and 4"" paring plus the Miyabi 6"" fusion rocking chef. Yesterday, I bought the Miyabi Evolution 8"" chef and 3.5"" paring knife in Palo Alto. I was going to buy the Minosharp knife sharpener because I was mostly Global. But now with 4 Globals, one Fusion Miyabi and 2 Evolution Miyabis, what is my best sharpening solution given the differences in blade angles? I'm not sure if I'm ready for a wet stone, but will go that route if needed. Note: I live in HI, so can't bring knives into a store for free sharpening