Miyabi Evolution 7-Piece Knife Block Set
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Includes: 8" chef’s knife, 5½" hollow-edge santoku, 3½" paring knife, 9" bread knife (serrated), kitchen shears, honing steel, block
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel; polymer; wood
- Care: Hand wash
- Knife Dimensions (blade only): 9"; 8"; 5½"; 3½"
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Exclusive to Sur La Table, Miyabi Evolution knives represent the next refinement in East meets West cutlery
- Designed to exacting standards exclusively for Sur La Table, Evolution melds expert artisanship with ground-breaking technology
- Revolutionary FC61 steel pairs fine carbide distribution with an astonishing 61 Rockwell hardness and has never before been used for kitchen cutlery—despite many attempts
- Fine carbide distribution results in a blade that holds an incredibly sharp angle and is extremely durable, with no risk of chipping under normal use
- Double Friodur hardening improves the microstructure of the steel for improved cutting performance, corrosion resistance and astonishing durability
- Each forged, full-tang blade is touched by 46 artisans and is hand-honed via a three-step, dry-sharpening process to an exceedingly sharp 22 to 24 degrees—blades are polished to a mirror finish and have sand-blasted katana edges
- Hollow-ground edge on the santoku knife helps keep food from sticking
- Each triple-riveted handle features striking red spacers and is individually weight adjusted; handle undergoes a rigorous nine-step finishing process to ensure perfect ergonomic design
- Comfort-oriented features such as rounded spine, bolster and heel reduce cutting and slicing fatigue; knife is easy to hold in either an Eastern or a Western grip
Forged-steel construction results in a distinctive Damascus pattern, ensuring no two knives are identical. Blades go through a Cryodur four-step ice-hardening process for strength, flexibility, and corrosion resistance. Edges are then hand finished by master craftsmen using the classic honbazuke blade-honing technique.
Created in collaboration with world-renowned Japanese chefs—including Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto—the Miyabi collection merges authentic Japanese blades with Western-style handles to create a unique line of cutlery.
Miyabi. The Beauty of Sharpness.