Miyabi Birchwood 7-Piece Block Set
Catalog, website and select stores.
- Manufacturer: Miyabi
- Includes: 8" chef’s knife, 7" santoku knife, 9" bread knife, 3½" paring knife, shears, honing steel, bamboo block
- Material: Forged stainless-steel-clad SG2 microcarbide steel blade, Masur birchwood handle, bamboo block
- Care: Hand wash and dry immediately
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Fifty layers clad on each side of Cryodur-hardened SG2 microcarbide steel core
- Cryodur process for ultimate hardness, initial sharpness, cutting edge retention, and the best possible corrosion resistance and flexibility of blade
- Each blade is sharpened twice on whetstones with custom grits, followed by mirror polishing on a leather wheel
- Blades are sharpened to optimal 9½° to 12° angle on both sides for scalpel-like precision
- Rockwell hardness of 63
- D-shape of the natural Masur birch handle creates a comfortable grip and ensures tireless cutting, even with frequent use
- Handles feature intricate mosaic center pins, red detailing, and engraved endcaps
- Paring knife for peeling, slicing and dicing a wide variety of fruits and vegetables
- Bread knife for cleanly slicing even crusty loaves without tearing
- Santoku knife for slicing fish, cutting meat and chopping vegetables
- Chef’s knife makes it easy to chop, dice, slice and mince large quantities of meat and vegetables
- Stainless steel kitchen shears are handy for trimming pie dough, snipping chives and removing fat from raw poultry
- Sharpening steel enables you to maintain the razor-sharp edges
- Bamboo storage block displays your elegant collection, keeping knives safe and secure between uses
- Elegant collection is an excellent choice as a premium gift or update for your own kitchen
Forged-steel construction results in a distinctive Damascus pattern, ensuring no two knives are identical. Blades go through a Cryodur four-step ice-hardening process for strength, flexibility, and corrosion resistance. Edges are then hand finished by master craftsmen using the classic honbazuke blade-honing technique.
Created in collaboration with world-renowned Japanese chefs—including Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto—the Miyabi collection merges authentic Japanese blades with Western-style handles to create a unique line of cutlery.
Miyabi. The Beauty of Sharpness.