Mauviel M’collection de Cuisine Skillet
M’collection de Cuisine pairs centuries of experience and impeccable technique with modern design principles and technology, resulting in a collection that exceeds the demanding expectations of professional chefs yet offers the user-friendly features home cooks love.
Flawless five-ply construction, a dripless rim designed for pouring, comfortable handles that stay cool while cooking, and a classic style ensure this hand-finished, heirloom-quality pan will have a place in your kitchen for years to come.
- Manufacturer: Mauviel
- Material: Stainless steel; aluminum
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: 8" diameter x 1.6" height; 10¼" diameter x 1.6" height;
- 11.8" diameter x 1.8" height
- Capacity: 0.7 qt.; 1.6 qt.; 2.6 qt.
- Warranty: Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty
- Made in France
- Handmade in France exclusively for Sur La Table
- Mauviel and Sur La Table collaborated to design an elegant collection that was robust enough to meet the needs of the most demanding kitchens
- Five-ply construction consisting of three layers of aluminum sandwiched between two layers of 2.6mm-thick stainless steel for unmatched heat transfer and thermal efficiency
- Stainless steel interior for surface cooking allows beautiful searing and exceptional food release
- Three layers of aluminum and aluminum-steel alloy for fast and even heat conduction and distribution
- Durable magnetic stainless steel exterior allows cooking even on induction stovetops
- Suitable for all cooking surfaces—even induction—and oven safe, great for a quick sear on the stovetop followed by an oven finish
- Dishwasher safe, easy to clean and incredibly durable, M’collection de Cuisine pans will look like new for years to come
- Large, ergonomic handles are cast stainless steel, stay cool during cooking and are fixed securely to the pan with stainless steel rivets for a lifetime of use
- Rims feature innovative, dripless design for easy, mess-free pouring
- Classic styling features brushed bodies and polished handles, creating a striking contrast
- Stamped with both “Mauviel-1830” and Sur La Table’s exclusive brand logo, commemorating this partnership
The heat conduction is amazing, especially for the price and without copper. Everything is nice and even and I get a dynamite sear from this thing. I love the rims, the design is fantastic for pouring out gravy or glazes with no drips and the handles stay surprisingly cool and are comfy and don't dig into my hands the way some other pan handles do.
All in all I'm extremely impressed with this new skillet (I got the 10""), and I'm going to have to get the other sizes to round out my arsenal. Recommended
I love my beat up old stainless skillets - but this thing has ruined me for all other options.
The heat conduction is amazing, especially for the price and in comparison to the big branded names! The sear from this thing is crazy good! . I love the design of the rims, it's fantastic for pouring out gravy or glazes with no drips and the handles..... they are big and comfy - I can rest a wood spoon or a spat right on the channel of the handle! They stay cool and don't dig into my hands the way some other pan handles do.
This was my first purchase - will not be my last
I love my Mom's cast iron skillets, however I think I will be purchasing more de Cuisine skillets soon
Questions & Answers
Is this line of skillets fully clad up the side walls? Or is the layering only on the bottom?
The pan appears to have a brushed stainless finish on both the interior and exterior. True?