Staub® Graphite Oval Cocottes
Web exclusive: The 8¾-qt. cocotte is only available online.
Please note: Because of their weight, these products incur an additional $5 shipping charge.
- Enameled cast-iron pots retain and distribute heat evenly and effectively
- Durable matte-enamel finish won’t discolor, scratch, rust or chip
- Ready to use—no seasoning required
- Basting spikes on lid interiors funnel evaporated juices back down onto food for even basting
- Extra-heavy lids seal in moisture for tender, flavorful results
- Great for oven-to-table presentation
- Smooth ceramic bases are suitable for all heat sources, including induction
- Knobs are heat-resistant to 500°F
- Manufacturer: Staub
- Material: Enameled cast iron
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Care & Usage Show
- Dishwasher safe, but hand washing recommended
This 7 quart oval dutch oven has been fantastic! We love the color and the weight is actually much heavier feeling than our Le Creuset's.
Sur la Table was great at helping us ordering this pot in store, as this particular color was not in stock. It was ordered in-store and sent to my home in less than a week!
We are very happy and plan on purchasing more Staub's in this beautiful graphite color!
1 year ago
Going to the local Santa Monica Sur La Table store, I picked up and imagined using every dutch oven offered. I selected the Staub oval graphite cocotte and it turns out to be perfect for my use: it is the shape of a chicken; it holds enough to slow roast a chicken and vegetables for a 1-pot dinner for six; it is easy to clean compared to other dutch ovens I have used; it does not dry out food as wrought iron without porcelain tends to do; it does not break as my Corning and Pyrex casseroles/dutch ovens did (and which this Staub was intended to replace!).
Plus, because of its handle design, it is well-balanced and quite easy to move from oven to stovetop using pot holders, despite its weight.
I chose Staub over Le Creuset because it is heavier, and retains heat longer, allowing for slow-cooking and slow cooling to continue once removed from the oven. The Staub makes the roast most tender and juicy.
My kids were so thoughtful to allow me the choice. I've been wanting one for years, and am absolutely delighted with it.
Thanks, kids! Thanks Sur la Table! By offering so many choices I was able to find just the right one for our use.
Questions & Answers
17-inches with handles, 7.25-inches tall with lid