Breville Smart Fryer
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Model: BDF500XL
- Material: Stainless steel
- Care: Hand wipe clean
- Dimensions: 17.7" x 11.6" x 12.2"
- Capacity: 4 qt. holds 2½ lb. of food
- Weight: 9 lb., 2 oz.
- Watts: 1800 W
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Made in China
- Seven preset functions—gourmet fries, French fries, fish, nuggets, wings, donuts and custom—automatically set temperature and time based on the food being cooked
- Fresh and Frozen settings automatically change the time and temperature based on the food being cooked
- Illuminated easy-read LCD screen automatically indicates time, temperature and pre-programmed cooking functions
- Innovative twice-fried function controls cooking parameters throughout both frying cycles to deliver perfect, restaurant-style fries
- Large viewing window allows you to monitor food as it cooks
- CoolZone technology: crumbs and food debris fall into cooler oil, preventing excess burning and extending oil life
- User-friendly features like cord storage, non-slip feet and easy-clean stainless steel exterior
Questions & Answers
What is the size of the basket-height, width and depth?How much oil does it take?Is there a basket press available to keep donuts or pastries under oil?Thank
Is there a drain enabling oil to be removed from the appliance? Another reviewer asked how to drain the oil from the basket and the response talked about lifting the inner basket. That does not answer the question at hand. How is oil removed/drained from the appliance after use? A specific answer is requested.
What is the max oil temp and how long does it take the unit to heat the oil? Thanks.
"All oils have different smoke points. Smoke points are the point at which the fat begins to break down into visible gaseous products. The smoke point of different fats is determined by the free fatty acid content of the fat. Generally, the lower the free fatty acid content the more stable the fat and the higher the smoke point. Free fatty acid levels are generally lower in refined vegetable oils with a smoke point of around 445 degrees F. Where as animal fats are around 375 degrees F. The smoke point of a deep-frying fat is lowered every time it is used. Food particles are always left behind after cooking. This will also lower the smoke point of the fat." Suitable oils for deep frying include: Peanut oil, Vegetable oil, Canola oil, Safflower oil and Rice Bran oil