Breville Smart Fryer
- Seven preset functions—gourmet fries, French fries, fish, nuggets, wings, donuts and custom—automatically set temperature and time based on the food being cooked
- Fresh and Frozen settings automatically change the time and temperature based on the food being cooked
- Illuminated easy-read LCD screen automatically indicates time, temperature and pre-programmed cooking functions
- Innovative twice-fried function controls cooking parameters throughout both frying cycles to deliver perfect, restaurant-style fries
- Large viewing window allows you to monitor food as it cooks
- CoolZone technology: crumbs and food debris fall into cooler oil, preventing excess burning and extending oil life
- User-friendly features like cord storage, non-slip feet and easy-clean stainless steel exterior
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Model: BDF500XL
- Material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 17.7" x 11.6" x 12.2"
- Capacity: 4 qt. holds 2½ lb. of food
- Weight: 9 lb., 2 oz.
- Watts: 1800 W
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Made in China
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wipe clean
Very easy to use. I like that the entire unit goes in the dishwasher except the electronics and heater. It disassembles easily and puts back together easily. You need a good wide funnel to pour the used oil through to save it. I use a very fine mesh strainer which fits in the funnel. I use the oil 4-5 times, and keep seafood separate from other. I use for special meals, not weekly. Really enjoy it
8 months ago
3 weeks ago
Questions & Answers
Is there a drain enabling oil to be removed from the appliance? Another reviewer asked how to drain the oil from the basket and the response talked about lifting the inner basket. That does not answer the question at hand. How is oil removed/drained from the appliance after use? A specific answer is requested.
What is the max oil temp and how long does it take the unit to heat the oil? Thanks.
What is the size of the basket-height, width and depth?How much oil does it take?Is there a basket press available to keep donuts or pastries under oil?Thank
AND LARGER AMOUNTS ALSO OR SHOULD i GET A SMALLER UNIT?