Mauviel M’collection de Cuisine Stockpot, 10½ qt.
M’collection de Cuisine pairs centuries of experience and impeccable technique with modern design principles and technology, resulting in a collection that exceeds the demanding expectations of professional chefs yet offers the user-friendly features home cooks love.
A dripless rim designed for pouring, comfortable handles that stay cool while cooking, and a classic style ensure this hand-finished, heirloom-quality pan will have a place in your kitchen for years to come.
- Manufacturer: Mauviel
- Material: Stainless steel
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: 9.8" diameter
- Capacity: 10½ qt.
- Warranty: Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty
- Made in France
- Handmade in France exclusively for Sur La Table
- Mauviel and Sur La Table collaborated to design an elegant collection that was robust enough to meet the needs of the most demanding kitchens
- Stainless steel interior for surface cooking allows beautiful searing and exceptional food release
- Durable magnetic stainless steel exterior allows cooking even on induction stovetops
- Suitable for all cooking surfaces—even induction—and oven safe, great for a quick sear on the stovetop followed by an oven finish
- Dishwasher safe, easy to clean and incredibly durable, M’collection de Cuisine pans will look like new for years to come
- Large, ergonomic handles are cast stainless steel, stay cool during cooking and are fixed securely to the pan with stainless steel rivets for a lifetime of use
- Rims feature innovative, dripless design for easy, mess-free pouring
- Classic styling features brushed bodies and polished handles and lids, creating a striking contrast
- Stamped with both “Mauviel-1830” and Sur La Table’s exclusive brand logo, commemorating this partnership
6 months ago
It takes so long for the water to come to a boil that you'd better plan ahead and start the water before anything else for your meal.
The handles are great and making draining the pot easy, but they can't make up for how long it takes to boil water. I wish it made sense, but no other piece of clad cookware I own has managed to take this much time to do its job.
Questions & Answers
Given its lower price point and the tendency of most cookware manufacturers to concentrate the majority of the heat conductivity in a stockpot's base, is this stockpot a true 5-ply piece? Or does it only have the 5-ply in its base
Many high-quality stockpots say they're oven-safe up to 500 or 600 degrees. This lets them serve dual purpose as a dutch oven, which is nice
Also Ferretic Steel is used in another 9qt stainless stock pot from Mauviel. I hope this is NOT an alloy
on this pot - lastly, why is there 5 layers of the same material (5ply)? Usually layered pots have different metals
separating one from another... thank you :)