Gaston’s Bakery Plain and Chocolate Croissants, Set of 15
Web exclusive: Available online only. Baking instructions and tips:
- Take the croissants out of the freezer and let them rise overnight; leave on a baking tray on a kitchen counter for 6 to 8 hours. Time will depend on room temperature.
- Gently brush on egg wash before baking (scramble an egg in a bowl, add one tablespoon of water and brush the mixture on top of each croissant with a pastry brush).
- Preheat oven to 375°F and bake for 15 minutes. Let croissants cool before serving.
- Using a Silpat will keep croissants from sticking to the pan.
- For ovens with a proofing setting, allow croissants to thaw completely at room temperature, then place them in the oven to proof at 90°F (check on proofing croissants regularly to monitor proofing progress).
- Convection cooking will bake croissants more evenly. When baking in a convection oven, be aware that cooking times may be somewhat lower and monitor croissants to prevent over-baking.
- Manufacturer: Gaston’s Bakery
- Made in USA
- Croissant ingredients: unbleached bread flour, butter, all-natural yeast, white cane sugar, dry milk, salt
- Chocolate croissant ingredients: unbleached bread flour, butter, all-natural yeast, white cane sugar, dry milk, salt, chocolate baton (sugar, cocoa paste, cocoa butter, emulsifier: soya lecithin, vanilla flavor)
What's In the box? Show
- 7 plain ready-to-bake croissants
- 8 chocolate ready-to-bake croissants
I really miss fresh baked croissants so I decided to try these instead of spending hours trying to concoct the perfect croissant recipe. Fortunately, there's no preparation involved with these - just pop in the oven and bake. The results were better than I imagined. They tasted like they came straight from the boulangerie - crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. I especially like the chocolate ones which melt in your mouth. I highly recommend dipping these in cafe au lait for an authentic French touch. All I needed was a quick trip up the Eiffel Tower to round out the experience
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
them. There is nothing better than getting up in the morning and smelling the yeast
from the croissants, set out to rise the night before.
EB / Wd. Va.
Can Gaston croissants be shipped to Canada