Le Creuset® Heritage Soleil Au Gratin Dishes, Set of 2
- Manufacturer: Le Creuset
- Includes: 8" and 11¼" au gratin dishes
- Material: Stoneware
- Care: Dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: 8" diameter, 1½" height; 11¼" diameter, 1.8" height
- Capacity: 24 oz; 1¾ qt.
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
- Made in Thailand
- Large Heritage handles are flared with classic scalloped design facilitate easy transport
- Incredibly strong stoneware maintains even temperatures, prevents scorching and keeps food warm
- Incredible thermal resistance; safe for freezer, microwave, oven, broiler and dishwasher
- Durable enamel resists scratches and stains, even from knives and serving utensils; stick-resistant glazed interior easily releases foods for quick cleanup; enamel blocks moisture absorption to prevent cracking
- Timeless Le Creuset beauty for oven-to-table presentation
- Two of our most popular sizes, now at an incredible value
The rigorous process starts with molten iron being sand cast from a single mold that’s destroyed after use, explaining why no two pieces are identical. Pots, pans and accessories are then painstakingly polished and finished by hand, sprayed with two coats of enamel and fired twice. No other procedure yields cookware that so evenly conducts and retains heat, making Le Creuset cast iron second to none for slow cooking.
Le Creuset’s signature color, Flame, was created to reflect the intense orange hue of molten cast iron inside a cauldron (“creuset” in French). In the company’s early years, this vibrant shade offered a refreshing color choice within a sea of gray. Carrying on the tradition, Le Creuset features a wide range of vibrant colors to complement any kitchen décor.
In 1995 Le Creuset began expanding into new categories: stainless steel, stoneware, silicone, enamel on steel, textiles and forged hard-anodized aluminum. Although some production processes have been modernized, you can be sure the handmade qualities of Le Creuset cookware remain unchanged. The company still manufactures their cast iron cookware in the original foundry, with each piece passing through the hands of 15 skilled artisans to ensure flawless perfection.
With the consistent qualities of authenticity, originality and innovation, Le Creuset maintains a connection to both heritage and modernity.