Breville® Oracle Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
With groundbreaking automatic dosing, grinding and tamping, hands-free milk texturing, and a one-touch Americano button that adds heated water to brewing espresso without moving the cup, the Oracle makes it easier than ever to create flawless espresso drinks at home.
Every aspect of the Oracle—from the dual boilers and revolutionary triple-heat system to the dedicated Americano spout—has been engineered to deliver the ultimate in home espresso: rich, bean-to-cup perfection in under a minute.
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Model: BES980XL
- Includes: 58mm portafilter, filter basket, travel mug, milk jug, steam wand spare parts, grounds bin, cleaning kit, pH testing strip, water filter, brush
- Material: Stainless steel, metal, plastic
- Care: Hand wipe exterior. Frothing jug is dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: 16¼"x 18"
- Capacity: 84-fl.-oz. (water tank)
- Weight: 35 lb.
- Warranty: 2-year warranty
- Made in China
- The Oracle takes care of dosing, grinding and tamping for you—once the espresso puck is prepared, simply seat the portafilter under the brew head, select a brew button, and watch the Oracle go to work
- Hands-free milk texturing features an automatic purge and is fully adjustable to provide perfectly heated and textured milk
- Innovative triple-heat system features a steam boiler with a heat exchanger for thermal stability, a dedicated espresso boiler that regulates water temperature for precise brewing, and a heated group head
- Low-pressure pre-infusion for even extraction
- Grind-size dial allows you to adjust the texture for richer or milder espresso
- Over-pressure valve limits maximum pressure during espresso extraction, preventing bitter
- All parts that come into contact with coffee or water are BPA free
- Removable 84-oz. water tank features an integrated filter and backlit level indicator
- Programmable auto-start and auto-off features preheat or turn off the machine at specified time
John O’Brien (Bill’s son) quickly became passionate about the growing small-appliance business, founding the Breville Research and Development center in 1972. Two years later, the world’s first scissor-action sandwich maker was invented, selling 400,000 units in its first year—one of the most successful product launches in Australian history.
Today, from New Zealand to the UK, toasted sandwiches are still affectionately called ‘Brevilles,’ so much so that the term has been added to the Australian dictionary. The sandwich maker’s success was soon followed by the iconic ‘Kitchen Wizz’ food processor, together with a range of high-performance, time-saving appliances such as blenders, dairy bars, yogurt makers and waffle irons. By the early ‘80s, Breville had established an office in Hong Kong, and was exporting its innovations to 15 countries.
During the ‘90s, Breville’s hometown of Sydney became one of the world’s most multicultural cities, with a craving for fresh, healthy foods and a taste for Mediterranean and Asian cuisine. Breville’s revolutionary innovations, such as the high-wall heating electric wok, the health grill, panini press and award-winning Juice Fountain and espresso machines, brought Sydney’s café culture to millions of homes around the world. In 2001, Breville’s merger with Australian kitchenware company HWI helped support the expansion of Breville’s Centre of Design.