Shun Classic Asian Chef’s Knife, 7"
Shun Classic knives feature a core of proprietary VG-MAX super steel clad on both sides with 34 layers of Damascus stainless steel. The woodgrain pattern of the steel allows the blade to slide easily through food. The ebony pakkawood handle, a fused blend of hardwood veneers and phenolic resin, is D–shaped for maximum comfort. The result is a knife that’s sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
Free sharpening on all Shun cutlery for as long as you own it. Click for details
- Originating in Seki City, Japan’s historical center for manufacturing samurai swords, Shun knives are heirs to a seven-century tradition of superior workmanship
- Shun Classic’s tasteful and contemporary design features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony pakkawood handles
- Multi-layer forged construction gives the blade strength, stain resistance, and incredible cutting performance
- Cutting edge is ground to a 16° angle on each side, ensuring razor sharpness
- Perfectly balanced blade offers precise control
- NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens
- Manufacturer: KAI USA Ltd.
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel, ebony pakkawood
- Dimensions: 7" blade
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash only
Size : Feels and handles smaller. It's smaller because of the height of the blade.
Shape : Cross between Chef's knife and Santoku knife. Not too curved and not too flat.
Weight : This knife is light. Really light. Feels really agile. I feel like an iron chef using this knife.
Sharpness : Sharp as sharp can be. I am comparing to various knives and brands at this level.
Handle : Handle has a dark wood ring (?) on the handle but can't be seen on the photos. It's gorgeous, it looks one with the blade. The hold (where your thumb and index finger meet - don't know the proper name) of the knife is set at a great angle for me and feels comfortable.
Notes : If you are left-handed do not buy this knife. The handle is shaped for right handed users
Questions & Answers