Kyocera Black Ceramic Santoku, 5.5"
Kyocera’s world-famous ceramic blades—incredibly strong, ground to microscopic precision, and polished to perfection—will hold an edge much longer than other professional blades and are impervious to acid, oil and salt. An ergonomic handle and exceptional balance rounds out the package, offering precise control and reducing fatigue from repetitive cutting tasks.
- Proprietary ceramic formulation yields a blade that is almost as hard as diamond
- Ceramic blades are lightweight—almost half the weight of an equivalent steel knife—making them comfortable extensions of your hand
- Ceramic blades never rust and will not react with ingredients or impart flavors to food
- Deep blade and ergonomic handle ensure a secure grip and greater knuckle clearance
- Blade holds a razor-sharp edge for much longer than steel knives
- Kyocera’s lifetime complimentary sharpening service restores worn edges to factory-new sharpness—all you pay is shipping and handling
- Manufacturer Kyocera:
- Material: Ceramic, resin
- Care: Hand wash only
- Use: Ceramic blades are meant to supplement, not replace, traditional steel knives. Avoid pits, bones and hard produce. Use only on wooden or plastic cutting boards
- Dimensions: 5.5" blade
- Warranty: 5 year warranty
- Made in Japan
Micro-grain ceramic Kyocera blades are dense, with a sharp cutting edge. Smooth, polished blades resist germs and are impervious to acid, oil and salt, and wont rust or brown foods.
Comfort handles and perfectly balanced blades reduce hand and arm fatigue during cutting tasks. Kyocera produces ceramic knives in Sendai, a city in southwest Japan on the island of Kyushu.