Wüsthof Classic Utility Knife
- Precision forged from a single piece of high-carbon steel
- Designed in consultation with professional chefs
- Laser-cut blade stays sharp
- Seamless triple-riveted, full-tang handle provides exceptional durability and control
- Full bolster protects fingers
- Manufacturer: Wüsthof
- Material: High-carbon steel
- Dimensions: 4½"
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Germany
Care & Usage Show
- Wash knives with warm water and a little detergent, rinse carefully and dry immediately
New Two-stage sharpener brings all your German-angled knives back to their original factory-created edges. Sharpener features carbide for the coarse side (to...See product page for full details »
Simple-to-use steel makes it easy to keep knives razor sharp.See product page for full details »
New From Wüsthof, renowned cutlery makers for nearly 200 years, comes the Wüsthof Classic line. Each knife is precision-forged from a single piece of...See product page for full details »
Questions & Answers
They have a wonderful weight and balance to them and are very well made (check Wusthof's site for those details). With proper use and care (keep them sharp and wash by hand, always!), they'll last for ever.
Though I have several "Classic" knives, I tend to use the paring knife, bread knife, and my go-to for chopping, is their 7inch Santoku, most.
My best advice, go to Sur la Table and actually put the knives,. that you are thinking of purchasing, in your hands. If the knife doesn't feel right -- too light, too heavy, etc.. -- you won't use it.