Shun Blue Menkiri, 8"
- Manufacturer: Shun
- Includes: Knife, sheath
- Material: Carbon steel, stainless steel, pakkawood
- Care: Hand wash only. Wash only with mild soaps
- Use: Make sure knives are completely dry before storing. In coastal areas or in other environments in which knives will be regularly exposed to salt air, coat blades with a light coat of food-grade mineral oil to prevent rusting
- Dimensions: 8" blade with 4¾" handle
- Weight: 9¾ oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Knife handcrafted in Japan; sheath made in China
- Rockwell Hardness of 61 offers incredible sharpness and edge retention
- Japanese artisans use san mai construction techniques to sandwich a core of blue steel between two layers of mirror polished stainless steel before hand sharpening the blade to a 16° double-beveled edge
- Perfectly balanced pakkawood handle features a variation of a traditional hexagonal shape modified to meet demanding requirements for secure grip, comfort and control
- Knife will eventually develop a beautiful, dark patina along the cutting edge that helps protect the carbon-steel core from corrosion and is recognized by chefs and professional cooks as the mark of a much-loved knife
- Developed in partnership with award-winning Chef Chris Cosentino, known for his nose-to-tail cooking philosophy