Sur La Table® Braiser, 5 qt.
Heavy-gauge cast aluminum boasts even heat distribution and retention while the tight-fitting lid is great for retaining moisture and flavor as well as keeping food warm until it’s ready to serve. Nonstick coating ensures that food releases completely, making cleanup a breeze.
- Features reinforced rim for added durability
- Cast-in handles ensure safe, extra-strong attachment and easily accommodate oven mitts
- Superior nonstick coating for easy food release and cleanup
- Surprisingly lightweight, yet incredibly durable, braiser is the perfect size for family meals and is easy to transport from oven to table
- Manufacturer: Sur La Table
- Material: Cast aluminum, nonstick, glass
- Dimensions: 12.25" x 3"
- Capacity: 5 qt.
- Made in China exclusively for Sur La Table
- Web exclusive: This product is only available online
Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash only
- Oven safe to 500°F. Glass lid should not be placed in oven
What's In the box? Show
Overall a very nice quality product, only draw back is the hot handles
I got a great price and that influenced my purchase but I know better now what to look for. This does replace an old similar pan but that had handles that didn't get hot and a metal lid.
The one problem I have with it is I was cooking some tomatillos on top of the stove had the lid on the pan after about 5 mins of cooking the lid exploded and naturally ruined the tomatillos and had to clean everything up and start over. With that hazard please take caution and only use the lid for covering after you have cooked things and want to just keep it warm ie melting cheese etc. before serving. That is the reason for the lower rating.
1 year ago
Questions & Answers
Does the Non-stick contain PTFE?Thank you very much for checking this out, I really like this pan:
Now I have to see if I have another lid that fits it....or do you have one that is?