Shun Classic 5-Piece Block Set
Handcrafted in Seki City, Japan, Shun Classic features tasteful, contemporary design with beautiful, Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony pakkawood handles. Behind each knife’s beauty is function: a razor-sharp blade offering precision performance. A VG-MAX “super steel” core is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then bead blasted to reveal the attractive, layered pattern. The result of this process is knives that are sharp, durable and corrosion resistant as well as beautiful.
- Manufacturer: KAI corporation
- Includes: 3.5" paring, 6" utility, 8" chef’s, honing steel, 11-slot bamboo block
- Material: High carbon stainless steel
- Care: Hand wash only
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- 32-layer construction features a core of VG-MAX super steel with a Rockwell hardness of 61 for incredible durability and edge retention
- NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens
- Cutting edges are ground to a 16° angle on each side for a razor-sharp edge
- Perfectly balanced blades and comfortable handles offer precise control
The Shun Housewares Division was started in December 2002. At that time, there were no established sales and only 13 items in the Shun Line. Today, the housewares team has built the division to its high position of prominence in the gourmet cutlery category.
KAI is also the owner of the famous US-made Kershaw pocket knives.
- Spend $500 on Shun cutlery and receive a $50 Sur La Table gift card by mail.