Ken Onion Rain Chef’s Knife
Known for his willingness to challenge convention, Ken Onion is one of the world’s premier knife makers. His Rain collection exemplifies this philosophy—Rain knives feature striking, patterned surfaces that glide smoothly through foods and novel designs intended to enhance cutting. Each knife in the Ken Onion Rain collection is made in the USA.
- Manufacturer: Ken Onion
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel, polymer (POM)
- Care: Hand wash only
- Dimensions: 10" blade; 8" blade
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
- Made in the USA
- Blade is laser-cut from high-performance stainless steel
- Blade surface is treated with a proprietary process that creates multiple air pockets on the blade surface. Designed to reduce surface tension and drag, these air pockets create a nearly nonstick surface, resulting in a gorgeous blade that slices effortlessly and without sticking
- Handle is constructed from G-10 garolite, a military-grade inert material that is nearly impervious to heat and moisture
- Ergonomic handle is shaped both to fit comfortably in the hand and to enhance performance
Constructed from high-performance stainless steel, blades have been treated with a proprietary process that creates the signature rain pattern. This process was specifically designed to reduce both surface tension and drag coefficient across the entire blade by creating multiple air pockets. These pockets significantly reduce the surface area in contact with food being cut, resulting in an almost-nonstick blade that slices effortlessly.
Rain handles are constructed from G-10 garolite, a military-grade material that is near impervious to both heat and moisture. Every elegant curve of the handle has been designed not only to fit the human hand, but also to enhance the specific cutting task of each knife. The resulting designs allow users to cut more safely, efficiently and comfortably. Each knife in the Ken Onion Rain collection is made in the USA.