Shun Classic Nakiri, 4"
- Manufacturer: Shun
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel, pakkawood
- Care: Hand wash only
- Use: While shaped like a cleaver, this knife is not meant to cut bone or other extremely hard materials
- Dimensions: 4" blade
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Japan
- Constructed using the same traditional kasumi methods used to craft samurai swords
- High-density VG-MAX steel core provides incredible sharpness and is tempered to a Rockwell hardness between 60 and 61 for incredible edge retention
- Cutting edge is ground to a 16° angle on each side, making it one of the sharpest knives you’ll ever use
- Takes and keeps an ultra-sharp edge without the need for excessive re-sharpening
- Each side of the VG-MAX steel core is clad with 16 layers of beautiful Damascus steel for added strength, stain resistance and incredible cutting performance
- Perfectly balanced blade offers precise control
- D-shaped pakkawood handle provides a comfortable, secure grip
- NSF-certified for use in professional kitchens
The Shun Housewares Division was started in December 2002. At that time, there were no established sales and only 13 items in the Shun Line. Today, the housewares team has built the division to its high position of prominence in the gourmet cutlery category.
KAI is also the owner of the famous US-made Kershaw pocket knives.