Breville® Barista Express™
The Barista Express includes an over-pressure valve that limits the 15-bar Italian pump throughout the extraction for smooth, rich espresso without bitterness. It also offers true low-pressure pre-infusion, which gently expands the grounds for even extraction. Easy-to-use controls, in-built conical burr grinder, and a wide range of user-friendly features allow you to customize the Barista Express to your liking, while the included shot clock and pressure gauge help you improve your barista skills. Includes a high-capacity water tank that swivels for easy refilling and a six-cup warming tray.
This product is only available online. Available in black and cranberry.
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Material: Stainless steel, plastic
- Care: Hand wipe unit clean. Follow all cleaning instructions and descale regularly
- Dimensions: 16" 14¼" x 16"
- Capacity: 85 fl. oz. water tank
- Weight: 37½ lb.
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Made in China
- Dedicated steam and espresso boilers allow you to texture milk and extract espresso at optimum temperatures simultaneously
- Simple, easily adjustable controls for shot volume, temperature, and pre-infusion duration and power
- Adjustable temperature is accurate to 2°F for optimal shot flavor
- A 15-bar pump with low pressure pre-infusion and over-pressure valve for even extraction
- Espresso pressure gauge, easy-to-operate steam lever and 360° swivel-action steam wand provides instant hot water for Americanos and pre-heating cups
- Auto-start feature ensures machine is ready to brew when you are
- Integrated and removable 58 mm tamper
Questions & Answers
You can remove the hopper with MOST of the beans and easily deposit the beans from the hopper into a bag or canister. Some of the beans will remain in the grinder mechanism. I pick the whole beans out with my fingers and grind through any remaining caffeinated beans - truly only a few beans.
The transition is probably good enough for most people since even decaf beans have some caffeine. Personally, I have sleep issues, so I am very careful. I LOVE this machine. The moderate effort is worth it because the espresso quality exceeds coffee shop coffee drinks.