Breville Smart Grinder
Simply select your coffee type and grind the precise amount you want via the easy to use Grind IQ™ controls. Prefer a little more or less? Use the manual adjustment dial—the Smart Grinder is programmed to remember your preferences. Anti-static grinding chamber slows grounds down as they exit the grinder, packing them together to minimize static before dispensing them into the grounds container. Removable bean hopper locks in place for safety.
Web exclusive: This product is only available online.
- Manufacturer: Breville
- Model: BCG800CBXL
- Includes: Two hands-free grinding cradles for portafilters (not included), cleaning brush, grounds container, bean hopper
- Material: Stainless steel, plastic
- Care: Hand wipe unit clean. Follow all cleaning instructions and clean burrs regularly to ensure optimal operation
- Dimensions: 8.38" x 15.33"
- Capacity: 10½-oz. bean hopper, 5-oz. grounds container
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Designed in Australia, made in China
- Adjustable from coarse to extra fine
- Easy-to-use controls allow you to fine-tune amount or adjust coarseness with the turn of a dial
- Hopper locks in place for safety
- Grounds container seals for easy transport and to extend freshness
- Features Breville’s signature ring-assist opening and ring-assist plug for easy operation
Questions & Answers
The important stuff:
-more granular control of fineness vs. coarseness (60 settings vs. 25)
-you can set the dose timer in .2s increments instead of 1s
-has an activation switch that you can press with your portafilter
-upper burr is adjustable without using shims
If you're using it for espresso, the upgrade is definitely worth the money. Otherwise, you can probably skip it.