Bob Kramer Limited-Edition Damascus Chef’s Knife with Presentation Box
Painstakingly hand-forged from a single piece of the purest Damascus carbon steel, each one of these 170 limited-edition knives represents Bob Kramer’s tireless commitment to making the best kitchen cutlery in the world. Professional chefs wait years for a custom Damascus knife from Kramer, one of the few certified Master Bladesmiths specializing in kitchen cutlery.
Each one-of-a-kind chef’s knife is stamped with its unique production number and represents the absolute pinnacle of knife making. More than simply a stunning gift, this knife is sure to become a cherished heirloom.
- Manufacturer: Bob Kramer by Zwilling J.A. Henckels
- Material: Carbon steel (Damascus), Karelian birch
- Care: Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Use: Carbon steel Damascus blades require proper care. Acidic foods left on the blade will cause the formation of dark gray or black spots. To avoid this, wash and dry the blade immediately after use. Damascus steel is not rustproof—dry completely before storing. Oiling regularly with a food-safe oil such as camellia oil will help prevent corrosion
- Dimensions: 8" blade
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Made in Germany
- Each Damascus-steel blade is forged and hammered by hand from a fire-welded, 160-layer carbon steel block, ensuring incredible strength and durability. The characteristic “watered” pattern of Damascus steel varies from blade to blade and ensures that each is unique
- Tempered to 61 Rockwell hardness, blades take and maintain a blisteringly sharp edge
- Each handle is hand carved from a single block of Karelian birch, a gorgeous wood prized in knife making for its beauty and durability
- Fully forged bolster helps balance the blade and forms a seamless transition from blade to handle
- Each ergonomic handle is hand-matched to the blade by Bob Kramer and features a sturdy triple rivet design with Kramer’s signature center pin
- Because each knife is handcrafted, no two are exactly alike. Each heirloom-quality blade is a unique work of art that will last a lifetime
- Comes with an attractive wood presentation box selected by Kramer to highlight the artistry of each knife (while supplies last)
My problem with this knife was that I was actually quite disappointed with the edge it arrived with. After doing some cooking with it I thought maybe it needed some honing and so I took a ceramic hone to the edge. I've used hones quite a bit and was gentle at first and eventually worked up to a more aggressive honing to see if perhaps the hardness of the blade was just being stubborn.
Unfortunately after several sessions I can only conclude that the edge it came with just isn't where I want it to be and no amount of honing is going to change that. I'll be sending this off to a knife sharpener who learned from Mr. Kramer to get the edge geometry properly set. While I'm confident that will do the trick, it's disappointing to have to do that with a brand new knife...it's not a problem I've ever encountered before with any of the other knives in my kitchen
Questions & Answers
can this knife be sharpened with the Kramer stones ?